🚨Our last best chance to vote for net neutrality 🚨Posted 14:17 EDT on October 23, 2018
Alright, Tumblr, we have a new mission: get the entire Internet to pressure lawmakers into restoring net neutrality before election day. We need your help to educate folks on where the candidates stand, help out in key districts, and snap a vote for net neutrality selfie to spread the word on social media.
We’re two weeks away from the midterm elections and we need to educate as many people as possible about where their candidates stand on net neutrality before November 6th.
By now, I’m sure most of you are familiar with the FCC’s undemocratic repeal of net neutrality. The good news is that sitting members of Congress have the power to restore it using the Congressional Review Act (CRA) before the end of this year.
So we’re telling our elected officials: sign the discharge petition to restore net neutrality, or face the wrath of the Internet on Election Day.
Sitting members of Congress have had tons of time to do the right thing, but their time is almost up. We’re in the final crunch before election day and we need to make sure they know there is a massive voting block of people who care about this issue.
Here’s what you can do to help out:
* Get as many net neutrality supporters to vote for the first time as possible. Tell everyone to text VOTE to 687-88 to get started. (Message and data rates apply, reply STOP to opt out.)
* Educate folks about where their candidates stand using the Vote for Net Neutrality scorecard.
* Volunteer to text voters in key districts where our pressure calling for lawmakers to act can have the most impact.
* Join a local action team to organize protests, pass out lawn signs, and do voter education at the polls in key districts.
* Spread the word on Tumblr and wherever else you lurk. Click here to find Vote for Net Neutrality materials for sharing.
* If you’re a voter who cares about net neutrality snap a selfie and share it with your friends and family on social media. It will look something like this:
Snap a net neutrality selfie here then share it online.
We’re so close to saving net neutrality.
In May, the Senate passed the CRA resolution to overturn the FCC’s repeal in a historic bipartisan vote of 52-47.
Now all we need is for a simple majority of 218 House representatives to sign a discharge petition and bring the CRA to a vote.
Right now 177 members, including Republican Rep. Mike Coffman, have already signed on. We just need your help to pressure lawmakers to choose their constituents ahead of telecom lobbyists by signing the discharge petition.