More than 590,000 people have signed the open letter demanding Congress reject the EARN IT Act and protect our free speech online and privacy online. Now Congress is listening.
Beginning at 2:30pm on Thursday, July 23rd, Fight for the Future will meet with Senator Ron Wyden (D–OR) to deliver the open letter, and ask him to lead Congressional opposition to this disastrous new bill. The virtual letter delivery will be livestreamed on NoEarnItAct.org, and on Facebook Live. Representatives from Signal and other privacy-focused organizations will also be in attendance to discuss the impact of the EARN IT Act on human rights and the tech industry, including:
- Ashkhen Kazaryan, Director of Civil Liberties at TechFreedom
- Mark Stanley, Director of Communications and Operations at Demand Progress
- Kate D'Adamo, Political Organizer at Hacking//Hustling
- Dr. LaWana Richmond and Seth Hall, Political Activists at Tech Workers Coalition
- Jun Harada, Head of Growth and Communication at Signal
Members of the press are encouraged to join the livestream and ask questions following the letter delivery. If you are a member of the press and you would like to participate, please email email@example.com for more information.